Find. Understand. Own.
First you need to find 10 phrases that you like and you want to learn. Ororo.tv has a great selection of films and tv shows with subtitles in English and Russian.
For example (taken from the first episode of Friends),
- And it turns out it's my mother.
- Carol moved her stuff out today.
- Why does everyone keep fixating on that?
- Did I say that out loud?
- Then I got really freaked out
- and that's when it hit me
- I know you and I have kind of drifted apart
- Well, it matters to me
- Look, this is probably for the best, you know.
- Look, I pulled out four eyelashes, that can't be good.
1. Open www.ororo.tv and choose your film or tv show
2. Choose English and Russian subtitles.
3. Choose one scene or maybe two scenes to find your ten phrases.
4. When you find a phrase you like write it into quizlet.
5. Repeat x 10. Then "create" quizlet set.
6. Complete the "learn" section and get 100% in round 1.
7. Congratulations! Share your quizlet set on facebook and get feedback from a native speaker.
HERE IS JON's EXAMPLE.
1.Place your bets here
2.Billy's got a bloody army
3.I'm taking charge of drumming up new money
4.Do you have permission form Billy Kimber
5.Then what's into you?
6.Times are hard
7.Arthur's mad as hell.
8.We don't mess with Chinese
9.You fixing races now?
10. You think we can take on the Chinese and Billy Kimber.